Do you like HubSpot and building awesome things? This role might be for you.
We’re looking for a passionate developer to build products and websites.
This person will spend most of their time building websites for our software clients (by building on top of our HubSpot theme). This role has a flexible opportunity to grow into a product owner for our website theme, or contribute to other engineering and development projects over time.
We are a marketing agency that’s becoming a software company. We specialize in building complete marketing engines for early-stage software companies. Since we’ve stayed hyper-focused on the B2B software audience, we’ve built many tools, templates, and best practices for founders that we’re turning into self-serve products.
In this role, you will:
- Become an expert on our HubSpot theme and use it to build websites for our clients
- Build new theme modules for the theme’s codebase
- Take functional requirements and design files to build easily updatable websites for content authors
- Work with our design team to decide if designs are feasible and propose alternative solutions that consider the parameters
- Manage existing client website themes using HubSpot’s CMS and Child Themes
- Maintain a focus on performance targets as you code
- Help answer support tickets for our HubSpot theme (with 9,000+ downloads)
- Contribute to the creation of internal libraries, reusable resources, and processes
- Use the HubSpot CLI to manage an effective, modern workflow
- Help our product team build new tools using Bubble.io, APIs, webhooks, etc.—based on your superpowers. Show us what you can do!
- Think critically and creatively to balance design intent and functionality
- Be a diligent manager (and communicator) of where your time goes
- Interpret product requirements, propose realistic solutions and timelines, and hit those timelines
What we’re looking for
Working with us means embracing self-improvement. We don’t expect perfection, but we do expect attention to detail, curiosity, humility, and the desire to level up fast. We own our work by seeking responsibility and accountability for the ideas we create. We ask “Why?” a lot, and share our goals and experiences to challenge our thinking. We uncover impactful insights that raise our clients to new levels.
Our ideal candidate
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent working experience) in web development
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Experience building and maintaining SSR website templates (PHP, HubL, Jinja, etc.)
- Systems and process-thinker
- Experience working with designers to interpret and implement web designs
- Experience developing responsive websites for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Familiarity with website development best practices
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with HubSpot’s marketing automation tools & limitations
- Experience working in an agency setting
Who you’ll work with
This position will report to our Head of Product. You’ll work closely with our designers and marketing leaders daily. We’re a team of tech lovers who help each other level up and have fun creating amazing products together.
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 9-6
Salary: Starting at $2k